I am concerned about my child’s development. Where do I start?

If you are on this website, there is a good chance that you are concerned about your child’s development. The first place you start if you have concerns is to schedule an appointment with your child’s Primary Care Providers (PCP). Any concerns about your child’s development need to be discussed with your child’s PCP and a good plan to evaluate and treat should be created together.

This website is not intended to replace medical advice from your child’s PCP. This website is intended to help you learn more about different developmental concerns so you can gain some knowledge about them.  Always consult with your child's PCP for any concerns. It also is designed to give you links to reputable websites that can also provide you with evidence-based information about how children develop and about some developmental issues that can happen for children.

Let’s start with understanding what is normal developmental for children at different ages

We need to understand normal before we can understand what might be delayed development. Some parents and family members don’t know (or forget) what is normal for children at different ages. It is always a good thing to remind yourself about what you should expect from a child at various ages. These are some great websites that can give you information about what to expect from children as they mature - click the links on the right for more information.

Learn more about the James L. Dennis Development Center here